Smart home technology is becoming more mainstream. If you’re selling your home and want to catch a smart buyer’s attention, consider adding smart home features.
So what constitutes a smart home?
Here are the top five trends:
- Smart homes will be the new normal.
Batteries in the garage for electric cars. Smart lighting, temperature control, and appliances.
- Smart staging will re-imagine home staging.
Light bulbs that stream music, and thermostats that adjust the temperature when you walk in room.
- Smart phones are your smart home remote control.
Smart phones are remote controls. 62% of real estate professionals say that buyers want to control their home from their smart phone.
- Brands will continue to integrate.
The smart home industry is working to make all the pieces fit together, meaning that products will be able to talk to each other.
- The smart home will become the connected home.
Having smart appliances that make your life simpler, or controlling lights and temperature when you’re away from home.