Top 10 defects found during home inspection*
- Foundation and drainage issues
- Unprofessional (un-permitted) electrical work
- Minor roof leaks
- Heat and A/C maintenance issues
- Homeowner repairs that are un-permitted
- Structural settling
- Plumbing problems
- Water and/or air intrusion
- Crawl space or attic problems like mold or pest damage
- Upgrades, remodel, or repair work in which no permit was pulled (like a garage conversion into a bedroom).
Whether you’re buying or selling a home, getting a home inspection is key.
- For sellers, getting a pre-sale inspection will help you in preparing your home for sale, and help you avoid any surprises that may pop up once you receive an offer from a buyer.
- For buyers, getting peace of mind, gaining knowledge about the home you plan to invest in, and negotiating repair costs with the sellers can be a huge help!
* “Top 10 defects” provided by Mark Riccaboni, Licensed Home Inspector with The Whole Story Home Inspection LLC.