Skip to content
10 Reasons Why a Pre-listing Inspection is a Smart Idea:
- Makes a good first impression with buyers by showing proof of your home’s condition.
- Allows you to more accurately price your home so it will sell for the best possible price.
- Helps you avoid surprises or unknown problems that could cause your sale to fall through.
- May help you sell your home faster by avoiding delays during your sale caused by unexpected repair or replacement issues.
- Will help you to stand out from the crowd by adding pre-inspection home info to your marketing materials.
- It’s a proactive approach to your sale, rather than reacting later to a buyer’s inspection report.
- You can obtain repair estimates before you have a buyer, then you’ll know what to budget for or negotiate later when a buyer offers to purchase your house.
- It reduces the stress of selling your home because you’re well prepared ahead of time.
- Spending a little money upfront (for a pre-listing inspection) could save you a lot of headache throughout the whole home-selling process.
- Learning about and disclosing what you know about your home is always a good thing.