Why you should work with a REALTOR®
1. You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements.
2. Get objective information and opinions. A REALTOR® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property.
3. Find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR® to find all available
4. Benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell by advertising alone. In fact, many real estate sales are the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family.
6. Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security- it’s not just four walls and a roof. Having a concerned, but objective third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
8. Ethical treatment. As a REALTOR® client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. It is mandatory for REALTORS® to take the Code of Ethics orientation
and they are also required to complete a refresher course every four years.